Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Summer work


My summer's work has not followed the path I set.

I simply could not figure out how to post to Hubpages site - and haven't put the extra work in to do so. People do figure it out, but I am not very computer savvy, and I simply gave up. It's still out there, but for now not a priority.

There was work around the house to do. I've gotten some done; rain interfered with my big project of the summer, painting the back fence. Still time for that one - if I get some dry weather.

My school reading has not gone as far as I would like as I've allowed myself to get distracted too easily. Plus, I still don't know all the courses I'm teaching this fall. The uncertainty is due to growing enrollment and a new employee yet to be hired; my classes depend on what that new person can teach. I know three of my classes for certain, and I'm in good shape for them. But I may have one or two other courses, with all the necessary preparation and reading. I've read books for both; but there are other books I may or may not have to read, so I've stumbled. Do I read this book, or don't I need to?

At least I have a job. But given the craziness and uncertainty of this past spring, I feel unsettled. I keep wondering if somehow things will fall apart before the school year begins and I'll end up out of work.

There was also that issue at church, leaving me with a sense of not fitting in there any more.

To be honest, I feel kind of adrift in life.

I need to pray more.

Pax et bonum

No comments: