Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Beard

 photo beard14_zps65c2fe05.jpg



So here it is, two days after Christmas, and I'm still sporting my Santa beard. Some parts of it are about 4 inches long - short by Duck Dynasty standards perhaps, but still far longer than what's considered fashionable. 

I look in the mirror whenever I wander into the bathroom and wonder: To trim, or not to trim? 

Do I let my Santa flag fly, perhaps even get longer and enter into Solzhenitsyn and Whitman territory? Or do I cut it back to a more socially acceptable length?

Long fits the Franciscan mold - at least the Capuchin/Franciscan Friars of the Renewal sort.



But I must also face teaching in school that emphasizes professionalism in practice and appearance.


Of a divided mind at the moment.

Pax et bonum

No comments: