Tuesday, December 29, 2015

More Christmas Swag: Books


I mentioned the beers and meads I got for Christmas. I got a number of other nice gifts as well.

Of course, there are some books.

Hot Sauce: Techniques for Making Signature Hot Sauces by Jennifer Trainer Thompson - along with this one I got a kit to grow peppers... mmmm.
The Word Exchange: Anglo-Saxon Poems In Translation, edited by Greg Delanty and Michael Matto
Brief Encounters: A Collection of Contemporary Nonfiction, edited by Judith Kitchen and Dinah Lenney (I used a gift card to buy this one myself).

I've already glanced through them. I'd read some of the Anglo-Saxon poems before, and it's interesting to see how contemporary poets and writers translate the poems. The sauce recipes look tongue challenging! And as for the essays, I love the short form of personal essays. I'd read on of the previous collections that Kitchen edited, and used some of them in my writing class. 

Good reading - and eating - ahead.

Pax et bonum

No comments: