Friday, January 1, 2016

Resolutions 2016


A new year - time for some resolutions!

1. Improve my prayer life. I need to do more, and to be more consistent. At the very least I need to start my day with prayer.

2. Weight. Yes, that same old one. But I am about 50 pounds above where I should be. My recent physical confirmed that, and the doctor noted that my weight could be linked to some of the other issues I'm having, including the sleep problems. Now if I lost a pound a week I'd be down where I belong by next Christmas. So ... cutting down on portions, reducing snacking between meals (especially candy and chips), no evening snacks, and getting some exercise beyond walking the dog. That's a start.

3. Less time on social media. Just check it and get out - and not get caught up in arguments, debates, etc.

4. Less time playing online games. I tend to waste a lot of time with those.

5. Read more. Spiritual works (especially Franciscan ones), classics, biographies of worthy models, etc. If I cut back on social media and games I will have more time to do so. Maybe this year I'll have more than 22 works on my list!.

All seems reasonable. Let's see how I do.

Pax et bonum

No comments: