Sunday, September 3, 2017

Father Kupaun Book: Informative, but ...



For school, I read The Miracle of Father Kupaun: Priest, Soldier, and Korean War Hero by Roy Wenzl and Travis Heying.

I had heard a little about Father Kupaun before, but did not really know much. The book certainly filled in details about his actions during the war, his death, and how he affected a number of people. He came across as a good man worthy of admiration. Certainly inspiring.

Should be officially recognized as a saint? I don't know. I leave that to the Church to decide.

I do wish the book had been better written, though. It's repetitive at times, and the interweaving of the stories of his two possible miracles becomes irksome after while; it would have been better just to tell each of the stories straight through.

If you want to know more about him, the book is a good start. Just don't expect a great read.

Pax et bonum

No comments: