Friday, July 2, 2021

The Bible in a Year



I read the daily Mass readings every day as part of my morning prayers. And I've read substantial portions of the Bible over the years, including all of the New Testament (several times). But back in late March I set a goal of reading the entire Bible in a year. That worked out to about three pages a day, mixing Old and New Testament. I decided in the Old Testament I'd start right from the beginning, and include some reading of the Book of Psalms along the way. In the New Testament, I was already reading Matthew, so I decided to just keep going through to the end of the New Testament, then loop back and restart Matthew.

I did not keep up with my goal of three pages a day, and found myself well behind in my quest. Leviticus and Numbers were killers! I recently returned to the task with determination, and have begun to catch up.

So far, I've finished Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Psalms 1-61, Matthew (from where I already was), Mark, and am almost done with Luke.

I should be back on pace shortly.  

Pax et bonum

No comments: