Friday, November 5, 2021

At Men's Group


Once a month I meet with a small men's ministry group - a priest, a deacon, the head of an institute, a fellow layman who is involved with various groups and efforts, and myself.

Today we were talking about the ongoing synod process, and how the roots of the church lie with those working in the parishes and the tranches, and not with the hierarchy.

Without criticizing the hierarchy directly, I realized that we need to emphasize are all the positive efforts separate from the official channels. And rather than focusing on that criticizing, we need to work to raise up and make known all the good that is going on.

Devoid of unnecessary negativity.

I noted that my particular skill is in writing news and features - and that's what I need to do to help promote these efforts. The problem is finding an outlet for such efforts, besides just my blog.

But my blog and my social media accounts are a start.

And that is what I'm going to do.

Tomorrow, I will do something about the Saturday Parish Men's Group to which I belong, and my weekly prayer group outside Planned Parenthood.

There are other groups and efforts not being covered by the local media - including the diiocesan newspaper. But rather than just complaining about that lack of coverage, I'll focus on reporting the efforts myself.

Pax et bonum

No comments: