Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Closer To That Clerihew Book


I've begun to sort my clerihews for the book I'd like to publish. There are a lot of weaker, more topical, more political ones that I'm not including - they don't really have the gentle, whimsical spirit true clerihews should have. Even still, I have some 70 clerihews I can use.

iIalso tried to do some research, seeking out books of clerihews. I have Bentley's. But when I checked the library and even the book store most of the books are not available.

Academic Graffiti by W.H. Auden and Brief Candles : 101 Clerihews by Taylor, Henry are in the stacks in the main branch of the library. But The Call of the Clerihews edited by George Szirtes and Andy Jackson, The Clerihews of Paul Horgan and The Lost Clerihews of Paul Ingram are not available at the library or for ordering through my local bookstore. I might be able to find them online  - but I'm hesitant to deal with Amazon, and about ordering from publishers that require Paypal or online credit card ordering.

I'll keep looking for other clerihew wrtiers (such at Craig Brown of Great Britain.

Meanwhile, i'll be doing revising and ordering of my own clerihews, and looking for a publisher. I will likely have to self publish. 

Pax et bonum

No comments: