Monday, March 11, 2024

Christian Movie Awards


The Academy Awards were last night. I didn't watch. To be honest, I didn't care as I had seen none of the nominated films. Plus, the program tends to run late, tends to be overly political, and tends to be kind of boring.

When I go to the movies, I prefer ones reflecting Christian values or with uplifting themes, like Sound of Freedom or The Blind.

But I was curious if there were any organizations that give awards for the kinds of movies I actually watch and enjoy.

A quick search online surfaced the Crown Awards of International Christian Visual Media.

Among the 2023 winners were:

Best Picture Sound of Freedom

Best Theatrical Release Gold Crown Award Sound of Freedom

Best Evangelistic Film Gold Crown Award Jesus Revolution

Best Actor Female Gold Crown Winner Anna Grace Barlow as Cathe in Jesus Revolution

Best Actor Male Gold Crown Winner Jonathan Roumie as Lonnie in Jesus Revolution

I actually saw both Sound of Freedom and Jesus Revolution!

The other 2023 winners and nominees can be found here.

Curious, I looked back at some of the earlier best movies.

2022: Sight
2021: Sabina - Tortured for Christ, The Nazi Years
2020: When We Last Spoke
2019: The Least of These: The Graham Staines Story
2018: The Case for Christ
2017  Because of Gracia

Okay, I have to confess I'm not familiar with these previous winners. 

But it is nice to know producers of movies and television with Christian themes can actually get some recognition. 

Pax et bonum

No comments: