Saturday, October 28, 2017

40 Days for Life - one early Saturday morning


I was outside Planned Parenthood shortly after 7 a.m. this morning holding up my 40 Days for Life sign ("Pray For An End To Abortion") saying a rosary when a driver pulled up to me.

Not know what to expect I said good morning through his open window.

He greeted me back, and said that abortion is wrong (phew), but it won't change until the government does.

I agreed that the government has to change, but noted that the current administration is cutting back on Planned Parenthood /abortion funding, and we have a chance to change the Supreme Court.

He thought it was good to cut their funding, then repeated the government has to do something.

I said that I thought Planned Parenthood is getting scared they will lose funding and that the laws will change, and that I'm more optimistic.

He said that's good, then drove off.

Several other people drove or walked by and gave a thumbs up or waved. Only one person gave me the finger.

A woman walked behind me. I said, "Good morning." She responded in kind, then asked what my sign said. She walked in front of me, read it, and commented that it would be good if we could get rid of abortion. We chatted for a moment, then she wished me well and turned to leave. I said "God bless." She nodded, then continued down the street.

As staff arrived at the clinic I turned my sign toward them. I kept smiling - and hoping that their hearts will be touched. I prayed for them.

I'm optimistic.

I sense things are slowly changing.

Pax et bonum

No comments: