Monday, September 3, 2018

Two weeks and counting ...


So far, two weeks (plus one day) without television.

I have watched four Franciscan-related films on dvd during that time (three different bios of Francis, and The Reluctant Saint (St. Joseph of Cupertino), but no broadcast television.

No talking heads.

No lame sit-coms.

No crime dramas.

No horror or science fiction or fantasy or adventure movies. (Often for the umpteenth time.)

No sports.

No game shows.

No re-runs of Hee Haw. (Yes, I sometimes watched them!).

So far, I haven't missed television. I've gotten more reading done - including some spiritual reading. I've done some planning for school. I got some work done around the house. I practiced guitar to get ready for playing at Mass again and to a 40 Days for Life event. (Reminds me, I have to finish writing that song!)

As with the Franciscan movies, we have a number of movies on dvd, so I can watch them sometimes.

Again, if something significant occurs in the news I will watch that. But for now, it's all the same biased back and forth.

And with school starting, it will get easier.

This was a good move!

Pax et bonum

2 comments:

kam said...

Good for you. I think twelve years for us.

A Secular Franciscan said...

Twelve years! I'm impressed!