Saturday, September 22, 2018

Ulp


Image result for Picard facepalm


Okay, we are putting together the nominations for Fraternity Council - the election is in October - and people suggested me for several offices. When called about it, I said whatever the Fraternity decides.

So last night at our Fraternity meeting the nominations were announced. I'm up for multiple offices, including Minister. The current Minister, who, if she got 75% of the votes could be elected to a third term, said she was planning to vote for me and hoped others would do so as well.

Ulp.

I've avoided this before - I even turned down offices in the past. But I finally thought if I'm called I need to serve the Fraternity, so I let it all go through this time. But Minister? I don't like being the person in charge. I prefer being the one to open the door, gets extra chairs, watch or walk people to their cars when it's dark.

I mentioned to the Minister after the meeting that I thought she should be the Minister again, in part because I would not be able to do all those service tasks I like to do. She acknowledged that I would not be able to do them.

Delegating? Sigh.

What would be funny is if I lose every office!

Pax et bonum

No comments: