Saturday, March 16, 2019

Discoveries


Checking some files from a file cabinet we are cleaning out I came across some poems, short stories, drafts and story notes, and even the start of a novel. Some of these pieces date back to high school - with notes from a teacher on two of the stories that he wanted them for our school's literary annual!

One of the stories was a children's story I wrote in college - "The Angel Fish and the Sea Horse." I thought it had been lost. It needs revising, but it still works.

I was surprised at some of the "colorful" language I used in a couple of the pieces I wrote as a college freshman. I don't remember using some of those words in everyday speech; I think it was me trying to sound more "sophisticated." As stories, they seem salvageable - with some cleaning up.

I wonder what other treasures are buried in files and boxes?

Pax et bonum

No comments: