Sunday, October 10, 2021

Some ways to respond to "No uterus, no say"


“In the United States, roughly half the children murdered by abortion are male; am I not allowed to speak out on their behalf?”

“If only women are allowed to speak about abortion, does that mean you also believe only black people are allowed to speak about slavery? What about all of the white abolitionists who stood up for african rights?”

"That’s an ad hominem argument."

"Many women use the same argument that I'm making. Whenever you may encounter this argument coming from a woman, you won’t be able to say 'No uterus, no opinion.' You will have to address the argument itself sooner or later. Might as well do it now."

"Most of my arguments are from pro-life feminists and other pro-life women. Women have been my main mentors. So everything you hear me saying, I'm really saying as a proxy or surrogate for some women."

"Okay, if men's opinions on abortion are really worth less, then you are capable of discounting my opinion for yourself, so is there any reason for me as a man to shut up?"

"Let’s just start this out with the simple truth: abortion is homicide. Therefore, why should gender determine who is permitted to have an opinion about the killing of children?

"Wrong is wrong regardless of gender, suggesting otherwise is sexist and immoral
."



Pax et bonum

No comments: