Thursday, October 28, 2021

More Than 100 Poems Published!



I was compiling a list of my poems that have been published (beyond school ones in high school and college), and realized that as of this August, I had surpassed 100 poems published. Plus, there are seven more that have been accepted for publication either this fall or early next year.

100.

Wow.

I know - some poets have published thousands of poems. But still, for me it's a significant number.

Some of those poems have been published more than once - often first in a magazine or online, and then in anthologies or chapbooks. 

Among the magazines, newspapers, and online sites that have published my poems:

Gilbert!
frogpond
Modern Haiku
Hazmat Review
bottle rockets
Scifaikuest
Democrat and Chronicle
City Newspaper
The Washington Post
The Quill
Haiku Headlines
Brass Bell
Raven's Bread
Weird Tales

Among the anthologies that have included my poems are:

last ginkgo leaf
A Harvest of Haiku
Five Seasons
Haiku and Other Short Poems
Rochester Area Haiku Group 2020 Members’ Anthology
on down the road
Four Hundred and Two Snails
A Travel-Worn Satchel
This World
A Moment's Longing
They Gave us Life
Haiku and Other Short Poems
Random Planets

As I mentioned, seven more of my poems have been accepted for publication. Next week I'll be submitting some more. And I've written more than a thousand poems, and am compiling a couple of collections I hope to publish in the next year or two.

Back to scribbling away!

Pax et bonum

No comments: