Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Some Books to Read


A few weeks back I couldn't get to sleep. For some reason, I decided to compile a list of books I wanted to read or reread after finishing the ones I was currently reading (but not particularly enjoying), two Jane Austen books, Northanger Abbey and Persuasion.

Among the titles on that late-night list were:

The Name of the Rose by Umbero Eco
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
Moby Dick by Herman Melville
Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurty
Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro 
Middlemarch by George Eliot
The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
Eclipse of the Sun by Michael O'Brien
The Citadel by Louis deWohl
The Keys of the Kingdom by A. J. Cronin
In This House of Brede by Rumer Godden 

Some are heavier than others. Some I'll have to be in the right mood to read. 

But I've already knocked off Rose and Eden! Great reads. 

Just got Cannery and Lonesome out of the library. I have Brede, Citadel, Moby, and Grapes on my shelves.

Onward!

Pax et bonum

No comments: