Saturday, November 3, 2012

Looonnng weekend ahead


5:42 a.m. - that's when I start typing this.

I'll be jumping in the shower in a few minutes. At. 7 I have to be at St. Pius Church for Fishers of Men, the men's group to which I belong. We'll be viewing part of Father Baron's Catholicism series (about Jesus today) and talking about the video and Jesus in our lives and how we as men act as followers of Jesus.

At 8:30, morning Mass after the meeting.

A stop home, then off to Planned Parenthood for our weekly Rosary, Divine Mercy Chaplet, and assorted other prayers. Some of us will have signs from the recent HHS rally - Vote Life!

Then off to school where 60 student journals await grading (first quarter grades are due Thursday- ulp!).

A stop home at 3:30, then off to the local high school where my school is playing for the Section V girls' volleyball title at 4. The team made it all the way to the state finals last year, so hopes are high.

After the game (and the win?) home for dinner, then to the stack of papers waiting for grading. I'll hack away at them well into the evening.

Sunday - Mass - then back to school to finish the journals. After that, more papers to grade. And several classes to prep for. (Sorry Bills - I may have the radio on in the background, but I can't watch you this weekend.)

Lots of work. Lord, give me energy! Or at least keep my eyes open (I nodded off at school Friday while grading a paper in the English office!)

5:55. Hit publish, then into the shower with thee lad!

Pax et bonum

No comments: