Thursday, July 12, 2012

Riding my bicycle


One of my resolutions this summer was to lose a bit of weight - and to do that I want not only to walk more (with my dog), but also to ride my bicycle.

I didn't ride at all last year. The bike, which has been sitting in the garage for two years, was dust covered and had two flat tires. So today I cleaned it off, put it in the trunk, took it to the gas station, and inflated the tires.

So far, still inflated.

Tonight, I took my first ride around the neighborhood. A couple of miles. I imagine my legs - and bottom - will be a bit sore tomorrow, but I do have to get back in shape. By next week, who knows how far I'll be able to cruise.

Maybe to the North Pole!

Pax et bonum

1 comment:

Alex said...

I got back on the bike last year for the first time in quite a while. Similar to you, I suppose, except that my bike was in the closet with two tires needing air, instead of the garage. I've been able to stick with it pretty well though, so as long as you can get past the first couple days of soreness, I wouldn't worry.