Wednesday, June 24, 2020

More on Swedenborg (the novel)


I've now posted drafts of the first 19 chapters of the novel.

Chapter 20 is one of those problem chapters.

In this case, it's about a character who appeared earlier, but whom I now realize will take me off on a tangent. He's one of the characters that might clutter the novel. So I'm cutting the chapter.

Still, there is some material in the chapter I might be able to use.

So, I will skip that chapter for now - and the original chapter 21 will become chapter 20.

Meanwhile, there is that Civil War play to work on.

Ah, the writing life.

Graduation is tonight, my last required activity at the school. Some last minute cleaning, and I will be completely done. As of next Wednesday, officially retired.

Then, writing.

Pax et bonum

No comments: