Thursday, November 5, 2020

Latest Social Media Wrinkle


I've gotten completely burned out on social media - Twitter and Facebook. There's just so much negativity, so much misinformation, so many temptations to get caught up in senseless arguments.

Yet they are still ways to connect with the world, to inform others.

So I'm trying a compromise. I will still post articles/news reports that inform, and I will write on this blog and link the posts to Twitter and Facebook, but I will avoid going on those social media sites as much as possible. In case there are personal things I need to keep up with, like prayer requests, life celebrations or problems faced by friends, I will pop in occasionally, but I will avoid anything that leads to arguments, and I will limit my commenting to ones of support.

I will spend more time reading and writing instead.

Let's see how this works.

Pax et bonum

No comments: