Saturday, August 25, 2012

Old man, look at my life ..



I was at the store in the checkout line. Ahead of me was a father with two young girls in his cart. He had some heavy items in the back part of the bottom rack of the cart that would have been difficult for him to get out, so I took them out and put them on the counter for him. He thanked me.

A minute later his wife arrived with a couple more items, and one of the girls announced brightly, "The old man helped us."

First time I've ever been called an old man!

The white beard and hair will do that, even when you're only 57!

I got a chuckle out of it. And I thought of Neil Young.

Pax et bonum

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I was expecting "Santa helped us." We have a real-bearded Santa's helper who is an usher at our church (I think I've mentioned this before). All the kids call him Santa. All year long. And his wife, well you can guess--she is Mrs. Santa.