Monday, August 20, 2012

The Joy of Creation


The Painter
highlighted the tree tops
with sunlight

I went out in the evening to walk the dog. The sun was low in the sky, and the particular angle it was at led to golden light coloring the upper parts of some of the trees.

I was reminded of Bob Ross of The Joy of Painting and his "happy little trees," and wondered how a painter might capture that glow and highlight the trees. It is a skill I certainly do not have, for I've never studied painting (though it is something I could probably learn if I set my mind to it). Instead, I scribbled a little haiku-like poem to capture the moment.

Then I thought of the Painter who did highlight the trees. He also created the sun, the light, those trees, even my dog and me. There is beauty in all of those creations. And we are all in our own way "happy" when  we share. even unconsciously, the Painter's handiwork in our lives.

The Joy of Creation.

Pax et bonum

No comments: