Friday, March 20, 2020

Coronavirus Blues


School is closed.

All public Masses cancelled.

Libraries, movie theaters, museums, and more - all closed.

And now I've heard our parish staff have all been laid off. It may be just a temporary move to allow them to apply for unemployment insurance, but still, it must be rough on them, and it's troubling.

How long will this go on?

I'm feeling frustrated about school - the disruption to routine, the struggles with new ways of trying to teach, the separation from the students, the uncertainty about when or if we will start up again.

Given that I was thinking of retiring in June anyway, if this does end the school year will this be the end of my teaching career? Not a happy way to go out!

And with all the closings, I can't take advantage of this free time.

I have cabin fever.

At least it's not coronavirus fever ... for now.

Pax et bonum

No comments: