Monday, March 8, 2021

Andrew Cuomo Needs Our Prayers


New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is facing increasing calls for his resignation in the wake of revelations about his mishandling of the COVID crisis, leading to thousands of deaths, and the multiple inappropriate sexual behavior allegations.

I'm of two minds when it comes to this.

The less Christian part of me wants to celebrate his possible political destruction.

The Christian/Franciscan part of me immediately steps in and says such thoughts and celebration are wrong, and we need to pray for him.

I prayed for him at Mass this morning.

But I have been warning about him for years. I've been concerned about his positions on issues - particularly abortion - his dismissal of Christians, pro-lifers, and conservatives, and his flouting of his Catholic upbringing while openly ignoring that faith's teachings. Below is a sample of some of the things I've posted over the years:



(6/3/20)


(4/21/2020)


New York Governor Andrew Cuomo
derisively dismisses excommunication's potential blow.
"I stopped being Catholic, after all,
when I embraced Moloch and Ba'al." (1/30/2019)

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo
might now be listening to the winter winds blow.
But I can't help but wonder if when he's dying
the sound that will haunt him will be of aborted babies crying. (1/27/2019)

Sodom on the Hudson (1/26/19) - https://paxchristirochester.blogspot.com/2019/01/sodom-on-hudson.html

Governor Andrew Cuomo,
if he has White House dreams should know,
his liberal New York values are viewed
by most of the nation as skewed. (8/9/2018)

Catholic Voters (11/8/2012) - https://paxchristirochester.blogspot.com/2012/11/catholic-voters-who-betrayed-their-faith.html

"The right to wed," said Andrew Cuomo,
"should be granted to all members of the genus homo.
But I can't be bothered with the right to wed
the woman who shares my bed." (10/6/2010)

We need to keep him in our prayers. 

Pax et bonum

No comments: