Monday, September 20, 2021

Ancestry's At It Yet Again


I took one of those Ancestry DNA tests back in 2014, and Ancestry, as it gets more results from more people, keeps revising my results.

I just got the latest update.

Scotland - 57%
Ireland - 33% (with ties to Donegal)
England and Northwestern Europe - 10%.

The results in 2020 were:

Scotland - 54%
Ireland (with strong links to Donegal) - 29%
England and Northwestern Europe - 13%
Wales - 3%
Norway - 1%

So almost gone are the Viking roots. Those roots were stronger in earlier results. I even got Hispanic in one update. I miss those results.

These new results show even stronger Scottish and Irish roots. As for the English, my family tree includes some early English Puritan settlers. Yep, my family came over back in the early 1600's - at least according to my Father's family. (My mother was a Scottish immigrant.)

Pax et bonum

No comments: