Saturday, September 25, 2021

Reading - Part II


As I noted in a previous post, I'm getting close to my reading goal of 80 books for the year, but I'm also feeling the need to begin reading more challenging works.

I'm currently reading (as usual) multiple books: Resisting Throwaway Culture by Charles Camosy, From the Angel's Blackboard: The Best of Fulton J. Sheen, and Henry VI Part 1 by Shakespeare.

Good start

The "to read" pile includes

Henry VI Parts 2 and 3
Second Readings: Literary, Philosophical & Liturgical Essays by Father James V. Schall
The Ballad of the White Horse by G. K. Chesterton (with notes by Sharon K. Higby)
Lepanto by G. K. Chesterton, Edited by Dale Ahlquist
Chesterton in Black and White
The Jesus Prayer by Frederica Mathews-Green
Eberhard Arnold: A Testimony of Church Community from his Life and Writings
West-Running Brook by Robert Frost
The Secret of Father Brown by G. K, Chesterton

Gee, if I finish all those I'd pass my goal for the year! I suspect, though, that some of them will be read in installments (especially the essay collections) and will actually dribble into next year.

Priority will be given to the threee books I'm currently reading, and Henry VI Parts 2 and 3, The Jesus Prayer by Frederica Mathews-Green, Eberhard Arnold: A Testimony of Church Community from his Life and Writings, and West-Running Brook by Robert Frost.

Pax et bonum

No comments: