Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Page Counts


I was watching an episode of Jeopardy and the host chatting with one of the contestants noted that the contestant kept an unusual journal. In it, the contestant explained, she had been keeping a record of every book she has read - if I remember correctly - since the 1990's, and for every entry she recorded how long the work was. I don't recall the exact total, but my guess is it was well over 1,000,000. 

Since 2013 I have been recording the title and author of every work I've read - and written occasional reaction posts for some of them - but I've never totaled how many pages I've read. I have read in that span 352 work, including 29 so far this year. The last works were The Merry Wives of Windsor (127 pages) and Utopia (85 pages). So 212 pages in the last week or so.

Other books read this year include Oliver Twist (466 pages), Phantastes (185), The Maltese Falcon (196), The Ballad of the White Horse (120), and St. Joan: Girl Soldier (166). That comes to 1,345 pages from 7 of the 29 works read. So many others were books returned to the library already.  

Maybe I'll start recording page counts from now on. 

Pax et bonum

No comments: