Friday, May 27, 2022

Major Works Taught


The subject of teaching books came up on social media, and I mentioned a few titles I had taught, citing  a couple that I particularly liked teaching.

The exchange got me to thinking about books and plays I had taught or assigned as summer reading  over a 25-year career. 

Novels

To Kill a Mockingbird
The Scarlet Letter
Jane Eyre
Uncle Tom's Cabin
A Tale of Two Cities
The Bronze Bow
Number the Stars
The Things They Carried
Of Mice and Men
The Old Man and the Sea
Wuthering Heights
Pride and Prejudice
The Color Purple 
Lord of the Flies
Harry potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Witch of Blackbird Pond

 
Plays

Romeo and Juliet
Julius Caesar
The Merchant of Venice
Macbeth
Hamlet
A Midsummer Night's Dream
The Miracle Worker
The Crucible
The Glass Menagerie
Everyman

Summer Reading

Rebecca
The Magician's Nephew
The Trumpeter of Krakow
The Bean Trees 
A Separate Peace
Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave
Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
The Kite Runner
Black Like Me
The Book Thief
Sarah's Key
Between Shades of Gray
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich

I'm sure there are more!

Pax et bonum

No comments: