Saturday, May 14, 2022

Reading along


My quest to read all of Shakespeare's play continues. Most recently, I read Pericles and Timon of Athens - which leaves me with five to go this year: 

The Merry Wives of Windsor
All’s Well That Ends Well
Measure for Measure
Coriolanus
The Two Noble Kinsmen

And I've already started All's Well That Ends Well.

In addition to the Shakespeare plays, there are other books on my "I should read these" pile (including some that are rereads.

The Brothers Karamazov and Les Miserables top the list of rereads. I originally read them decades ago. I'd also like to reread Thomas More's Utopia. And I'm already slowly rereading St. Augustine's Confessions

Some other books I hope to get to:

Don Quixote by Cervantes
Northanger Abbey or Persuasion by Jane Austen (I've already read and taught Pride and Prejudice - and even directed a play version of it - and Sense and Sensibility. I'm not a big Austen fan, but she is Jane Austen, so...)
Mysteries of Tony Hillerman, Chesterton, and Arthur Conan Doyle that I have not already read - at least one of each.
The Ballad of the White Horse by G.K. Chesterton
A Further Range by Robert Frost
The Apology by Plato

There are others - various biographies, mysteries, spiritual books that I will read as I stumble across them or that are suggested as worth reading.

Pax et bonum

No comments: