Monday, May 2, 2022

The Year So Far For This Blog


I had a slow April when it came to posting. But that's in keeping with the year so far. At this point last year I had 121 posts. This post is just my 91st this year.

I think one of the issues is that I'm trying to be more circumspect about what I post. I'm paying more attention to whether something is appropriate for a Catholic and a Franciscan to publish. I'm particularly trying to avoid saying things that are sarcastic or mean-spirited. 

I'm also posting less poetry. That's due to writing fewer poems (see reason above) and to the realization that magazines I submit to are increasingly counting posting a poem on a blog as a previous publication, and so they won't consider publishing it.

And I'm feeling particularly burned out these days. Things that used to inspire me are leaving me flat.

I'm sure things will turn around. 

At least I hope so!

Pax et bonum

No comments: