Wednesday, May 4, 2022

The Coat Hanger Abortion Myth


Support for abortion is based on a myriad of lies, including the number of women who were dying from illegal abortions before Roe, claims about "back alley abortions," the rape claim in the Roe case itself, and even the use of the word"choice."

One of the myths is about using coat hangers to abort.

While it may be true that some desperate women may have tried to abort that way, such cases would have been rare. Abortions then were overwhelmingly performed by other means - and many of the abortions were done by doctors and nurses.

A number of groups and writers have examined and dispelled this myth. Among them:

Life Dynamics - "Hanging the 'Coat Hanger Abortion' Myth Out to Dry"

Pro-Life Action League - "The Coat Hanger Abortion: Fact Or Fiction"

My Life In Reflection (blog) - "Debunking the Coat-Hanger Myth"

There are more - but the above articles give a good overview.


Pax et bonum

1 comment:

Do Not Be Anxious said...

As an analyst of important things, I never did understand the importance of abortion or sexual identity so in front these days. I know people who say they can't overcome their gay urges, but don't think it a priority to advertise that they prefer same-sex physical intimacy. Now it's routinely spoken of as something to be proud of, like I have two toes which are webbed together --- so what? I guess the reason for the emphasis is that more people don't believe what the Bible says God created. If it's totally evolution, they likely reason, why not speed it like we do medical cures. Having known a number of Down's Syndrome people who just love so much, I'd believe that future evolution would create more of them; we need more love in this world.

Relative to Mothers, my parish sent out a bulletin advising people that there will be added security this weekend, Mother's Day, as some group has said it will protest in Catholic churches. I don't believe in coincidences anymore, like the timing of the Divine Mercy picture and prayer on my kitchen wall: Jesus, I trust in You. it's needed now more than ever in my lifetime