Thursday, April 2, 2020

Any more school?


Several states have cancelled the rest of the school year. My state has not done that - we are closed to the end of April - but it could well do so.

If that is the case, I will not see my students again. That would sadden me. Hopefully, the school will plan some event where we can gather after it is all over. We would need to have graduation in some form.

But this also means that unless there is some drastic change in my plans, this will be the end of my teaching career - and my working life. Oh, I might pick up a part-time job later, but full-time work, full-time teaching will be over.

What a strange way to end my career.

I wait to hear what happens. Our governor says the virus outbreak will peak later in April than planned. At the very least it might push the closing of schools into mid May.

We will see.

Pax et bonum

No comments: