Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare)



After the historical - or is it tragic? - toil of getting through Antony and Cleopatra, I read Much Ado About Nothing with delight.

The battle of wits and the romance of Beatrice and Benedict was enjoyable. There's was a love i could believe. And verbal miscues of Constable Dogberry were a hood, um, hoot.

The play was a quick and easy read. 

Now up to 5 Shakespeare plays this year en route to my goal of 12, and now 19 plays into my goal of reading all 38 of Shakespeare's plays. And I've now read 20 book this year, well on the way to my overall goal of 80.

As for my Shakespeare goal, there are a few book on my pile to get to before I return to Shakespeare. But when I do return to the Bard, I think Henry IV Part 2 should come next, having now read Richard II, and, in the past, Henry IV Part 1 and Henry V

Pax et bonum

No comments: