Thursday, February 4, 2021

The Shakespeare Count


As noted back in December, I sadly admitted to having only read (at that point) 14 of the 38 plays credited to Shakespeare. I say sadly, because I was an English major, and earned a Master's in literature. 

So I set out to read all his plays, with a goal of at least 12 of them in 2021.

I added one in December, As You Like It, and so far in 2021 I've read three - The Life and Death of King John,  Twelfth Night  The Tragedy of Richard II.

I'm now up to 18. Still not half way.

Here's the list so far:

The Life and Death of King John
Twelfth Night
The Tragedy of Richard II
As You Like It
Richard III
The Taming of the Shrew
Romeo and Juliet
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
The Merchant of Venice
Henry IV Part I
Henry V
Julius Caesar
Hamlet
Othello
King Lear
Macbeth
The Winter’s Tale
The Tempest

I'm in the midst of The Lord of the Rings, so I won't start another play for a week or two. 

Hmmm. Which one? 

Pax et bonum

No comments: