Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Roots 3

There are some images of headstones for some of my forebears. And one of them revealed a fact I hadn't known about how one of them died.

First, the American father of the Strong line - 



Elder John reportedly helped to defend his town against Native Americans. Then there's his grandson, Jedediah, killed fighting Native Americans during Queen Anne's War! 


And Eben Strong was a veteran of the French and Indian War in 1758. It's not clear at this point if he played any role in the Revolutionary War.


And Alfred Strong was apparently a veteran of the War of 1812. 


My father, Everett Strong, fought in the Korean War. 

There are relatives who fought in other wars - my Uncle Bob, for example, fought in World War II -  but so far I haven't found any others in the direct line who fought in wars. 

The searching continues.

Pax et bonum

No comments: