Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Santa's Diary


I earlier noted that since I didn't have an idea for a Christmas poem or story this year I'd use one of my stories from Santa's Diary.

Santa's Diary was blog I started in July of 2005. I wrote a number of entries in 2005 and 2006, then wrote a few more intermittently after that. There are some 200 entries, though some are repetitive, such as the ones for Christmas Day, or ones where I note I haven't been good about posting.

Still, there are some interesting stories - such as the one I intend to use for Christmas this year about a mishap with a young young reindeer. I tell about lives with the elves, how I met Mrs. Claus, encounters with mythical creatures like trolls and giants and goblins, and so on.

I figure there's about 180 or so usable entries.

Then it hit me that I really should organize and develop them, and add some new ones. Next year is a leap year - 366 days. So 366 entries? 

Worth considering. 

Certainly a better use of my computer time than arguing on social media or playing online games.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Pax et bonum

No comments: