Tuesday, December 21, 2021

A News Site


A while back i mentioned the need for a Catholic news outlet locally. The diocesan paper is limited in what it can - or will - cover - and there are so many other stories out there.

My problem is that while I can writes and take pictures, I am not skilled at website development, and what I envision would be more than a blog.

Through contacts, I was referred to an acquaintance whose son had some skills, and had even developed a site that had been unused for a while. I spoke with the son today, and we are going to give it a try, with my articles appearing on his site.

The plan is for me to write a few, then send them on to him so we have some content with which to begin. I will do that after the holidays - and if covid permits.

Among the first possibilities:

St. John Bosco Schools
Chesterton Academy
Some of the St. Irenaeus Center groups
The Rochester Chesterton Society
The St. Padre Pio Chapel 

Later possibilities:  

The St. John Bosco March for Life, and the buses leaving for D.C. for the march there
Efforts to halt Planned Parenthood's expansion
Focus Pregnancy Center
Support of women in troubled pregnancies
Margaret Home
Secular Orders in Rochester
St. Albans
Latin Mass community

That should keep me busy.

Let's see first what happens with the site and the first few articles.

Pax et bonum

No comments: