Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Santa's Diary


Years ago I began what I called "Santa's Diary." The diary was actually a blog supposedly created for Santa to record his daily activities and his memories. In the back of my mind, I was thinking I might be able to turn it into a book.

I wrote more than 200 entries. Some were repetitive - how many times did I write a Christmas Day post?! - some were place holders, some really had no content. But a number of them told stories about meeting Mrs. Claus, silly elves, visits by friends, letters, weather problems, confrontations with other mythical creatures, and so on. Of the 200 plus entries, I'd say 100-120 are usable.

So ... should I organize what I have, add enough entries to reach 365, and then try to publish it?

Worth considering.

On the other hand, how many writing projects have I started and not finished (yet)?

There's the horror novel that I will likely not finish because it got too dark.
There's the collection of Christmas stories and poems.
There's the Slug Chronicles
There's the collected clerihews.
There's the larger collection of short poems - haiku, clerihews, limericks, and cinquains.
There's the even larger collection of all my poems worth publishing.
There are the plays. 

At 66, I'd better get something done before my brain or my body (or both) give out!

As for the Santa Diary, I plan to at least organize what I have to see if I can develop it.

Pax et bonum

No comments: