Thursday, December 23, 2021

On the Worship of Josh Allen



Let me start off by saying I am a long-time Bills fan, and I think Josh Allen is a good quarterback. I am glad he plays for the Bills. I think he gives us a chance of making it to the Super Bowl again.

But some people keep touting him as the MVP, the best quarterback in the league, and so on.

I'm not willing to go that far. Look at the various metrics for judging a starting quarterback.

By quarterback ranking, he's 11th in the league.
By touchdowns, he's 4th.
By overall team scoring, he's 4th.
By total yards, he's 6th.
By yards per game, he's 9th.
By completion percentage, he's 21st.
By interceptions, he's tied for 6th most.
By team wins, he's tied for 9th. 

The Bills are currently holding down the last wild card spot in the AFC. If they win this weekend, they would jump to leading their division. If they lose, they have a real chance of missing the playoffs.

Now if he leads the Bills to the division and conference titles then we can talk MVP.

For now, he's just one of the better quarterbacks in the league.

Pax et bonum

No comments: