Tuesday, May 25, 2021

A New Writing Project?


I writes weekly "News Notes" for my Fraternity. The notes include dates of upcoming events, opportunities for formation or ministries, Franciscan history, Church news, spiritual reflections, humor, and more. 

I recently posted a piece from Franciscan Media about a Franciscan saint. At Mass this morning I was thinking about searching for more such pieces about holy Franciscans, dead and living.

Then it struck me: As a former journalist, as a writer, I could create such pieces. I could do research, do interviews, take pictures or find pictures/art, whatever was needed.

That would be a good use of my time - certainly better than playing games online!

I'm going to start collecting information/names. 

I'm already revising a short story, a play, and the Santa Diaries. More than enough to keep me busy!

Pax et bonum

No comments: