Sunday, May 30, 2021

Rochester's Chesterton Academy to Close



The school where I taught, St. John Bosco School, grew over the years, and a high school program, Chesterton Academy of Rochester, was added. I used to have study halls with Chesterton students, one of them took my math class, and I helped to direct the plays (I even returned from retirement this spring to help with Little Women).


Last week, the school's board decided for several understandable but regrettable reasons to close Chesterton. 

I am saddened. Friends are losing their jobs. Students I taught in middle school will not be able to graduate from the Academy. This year's play was the last I'll direct there.

I plan to go to the graduation Mass and the graduation to say goodbye.

It's a real loss for Rochester. 

Pax et bonum

No comments: